Monday, November 27, 2006

the characters

So, I had this dream the other night. It involved a lot of weird elements, like bears, giant cardboard R2-D2s, laser guns and battle droids. Needless to say, it rocked and I lay in bed after I woke up, finishing off the story in my head. It took about two and a half hours (I do spend a lot of time thinking up stories in bed...I like to pull the blanket up over my head and imagine in the not-so-dark dark) and while it's not a literary masterpiece, it will be a fun sci-fi novel, I'm sure. Anyway, I swear I didn't name the characters...my dream did. And it's really not as gay as it sounds. Although, I'm sure my descriptions don't help. There's a fair amount that really reminds me of the Terminator series, ie. machines take over.

The Characters
Jane - protagonist, from Earth as we know it, about 20 years old (I think from Winnipeg, but really, maybe I just want her to be Canadian...maybe she'll be from Sudbury...hahaha!)
Bear - a black bear ... REALLY, also from Earth
Masha - leader of the rebelly type group on the OTHER world, wherever that is
Adzil - sorta leader chief type dude of villagers on the OTHER world
Adell - Adzil's wife
Major - oh wise man type guy with villagers, but from Earth as we know it (Oklahoma to be precise)
Ilan - bitchy gal in village who doesn't like Jane
Kile - our hero and love interest for Jane, popular dude in village, but very mysterious as most popular love interest dudes are
Velek - Adzil's hanger on, you know the kind of loser sidekick that bullies have
Ellet - geeky nerd type guy in village, you know the type, they try to be nice and friends with everyone, but gets ignored...blah blah blah
Winnow - village healer, every village needs one

Tis all for now. I bet you can't wait for sci-fi goodness to appear. Me neither.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

bring on the sci fi, baby!! Love the idea of a little sci fi romance !!! .........and a bear !!!

8:19 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home